Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A truce, of sorts

It's fair to say we have both been trying quite hard lately. A calm has descended, there is stillness in the air, but certainly and sadly no love for each other, only a shared love for our children.
This peace is welcome, and if I don't turn my mind to anything else and put blinders on, it's all fine and dandy. My children are happy, we are not fighting, it's all good. Except when he talks about future things, like "our retirement", and alarm bells go off in my head at the thought of the rest of my earthly days spent with him.
I have researched relationships to the best of my abilities, but still can't find any meaningful advice on what to do when you are unable to feel anything positive about your partner. I fear it is like trying to revive someone who hasn't had air for five minutes; it's perhaps possible, but the person will forever be damaged.
Can we, at this point, breathe life into a relationship that has been too long dormant?

No comments:

Post a Comment